Are you an employer in Atlantic Canada who could benefit from a wage subsidy to hire a recent graduate?
Notice: All placements for the 2017 Work Smarts program have been filled. All applications moving forward will be placed on a waiting list.
Work Smarts provides:
- A 50% wage subsidy, up to a $8.50/hr subsidy for up to 26 weeks of work experience
- Assistance with job posting and short listing of candidates
- Training and mentoring for participants to enhance their work experience
- Advice and monitoring throughout the program to ensure participants and employers are receiving the best possible experience
Employer’s requirements are as follows:
- Fit under the NAICS High Demand Sector classification for Atlantic region
- Coverage of MERC (mandatory employment related costs) – CPP, EI, Vacation Pay
- Provide a 50% wage top up (to match the subsidized portion)
- Allow participant to attend training as required (two days at beginning, one day toward program end)
The overall objective of Work Smarts is to give post-secondary graduates the opportunity to apply the skill sets they developed at school in a work setting that is consistent with their past education and will allow them to become leaders in their chosen fields.
Work Smarts is a subsidized work placement program under the Career Focus program by the Government of Canada’s Youth Employment Strategy (YES). Work Smarts offers employers wage subsidies for hiring new graduates of college or university programs who have not worked in their chosen field. The successful applicant will meet the criteria laid out in the ‘Other Requirements’ section. For more information on Work Smarts please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902-491-6528.
What are you waiting for?
Hire a recent graduate today. It’s never been easier.